Thursday, October 20, 2011

The MTC experience


So I realized I grossly under described the experience called the MTC. Or CCM for us spanish speakers. So here I go again with only 16 minutos to do it justice.
You get throw in right away getting your bags to your room get your picture taken then off to class. My teacher wasted no time literally He spoke in Spanish pretty much 2/3 of the class and only english near the middle end. Is good though. I know my bro in law said that just hearing it helps and it does. Things start clicking a little faster if its well... shoved down to your brain. However, there is plenty I have to study. Obviously!
 
A little about my district. 9 ppl currently. 3 hermanas (my companions) and 6 elders. All but one are going to Texas McAllen. The odd ball is leaving in two weeks for Spain's MTC for Spanish Mission... Barsalona?
My companions are great: one from sandy one from bountiful. We;re teaching an investigator which is really our teacher but we weren't really suppose to know? Its kind of a new thing and its pretty cool cuz we will be teaching him for another week or so before we'll ever meet him as our teacher. for now he is our investigador.
Tuesday we had our first devotional guess who came? Elder Richard G Scott. He was amazing and I was in the choir so I got a great seat. Hermana H. from my old BYU ward was a  soprano with me while mis companeras were altos. But ya its great. He taught a ton but the things I got were: I am in my own place at this time and I get the chance to become better from where I am at, the censure? or correction comes from the spirit and to be a better missionary I am trying to find the areas where i can improve spiritually. Its all bout being converted myself. How powerful a truth that is! First seek to obtain my word. It was great. He also did he usual pl;ug for missionaries to keep in mind the goals after a mission of marriage and how this mission preapres for that and diligently seeking an eternal companion will be good, it may not be right away but it will be good. So ya as always he was great very down to earth.
There are some great leaders and teachers here at the MTC so many that challenge us to strech our selves and then others that give us the chance to be ourselves and feel the spirit work through us. All of it is amazing.
One last thing,.... everyday sorts of things. The weather has gotten cold at night and in the morning so we are lucky our classes and dorms are in the same building. Meals are good always eat plenty and listen to my stomach :-)
At gym time I go outside as long as its not a super cold morning. I have played volleyball literally every gym. Outside in the warm sand like around mid day is perfecto! and then the one time I played inside i did one forward dive and my knees got skinned up and raw in two small circles so its hard to kneel. But i love having fun with my zone and the other zone that is outside with us. Hermana S. is my dorm neighbor (she was my roommate in college) so that's cool.
We all sing in the shower after gym and my companions now have labeled me as the one that loves to sing and they love it when I serinade them! ha! all my family members that hate it when i sing a ton ha! well i don't sing all day just during service, showers, and apparently my companion hermana h. heard me singing in my sleep last night! oh well!
Well everyone I love you and good luck where ever and with whatever you are up too!
-Hermana O

No comments:

Post a Comment