Thursday, December 15, 2011

Feliz Dia de Accion de Gracias (Nov 24, 2011)


Well hello family and friends!
 
Happy Thanksgiving from the MTC just had Thanksgiving dinner for lunch and got our thanksgiving sack lunch dinner for later. Funny huh?
 
Well we've got Humanitarian project later where we'll be making 8000 or so kits. for 2000 missionaries that shouldn't be too hard.
 
Guess who was the devtional this Tuesday? Elder Christofferson! And guess who was here today? Elder Nelson!!!!
Sigh if I had to be in the MTC I'm okay with having a holiday like Thanksgiving cuz pretty much we're spoiled. Its great. My companions were bummed about the food situation and were getting kind of home sick but I'm all good for now. I love my family and friends and I pray for y'all! Thank you for the time and service and love you've given me in my life and please remember you're loved and remembered!
 
Well I learned a few things this week.... I am overly dramatic sometimes. Who knew? Here's the story the has been labeled the "Agua Story"
We were teaching a teacher who was being an investigator named F.. He invited us in "his house" which is actually just a classroom. He said he didn't have much time but would you like to come for some water? We said sure and came in sat down and he hops up and says some water then? So he gets back up and goes to the window in the classroom and fiddles with the blinds pretending to glasses of water. We sit there and since I have two companions he trys to balance three imaginary cups over to us so I hop up to help bring over my cup cuz if it was real water i wouldn't sit and let him struggle. So my companions and I are already prone to giggles when we teach this teacher one time he pretended to be a woman and had this high voice he did and we almost as my companion would say "peed our pants" laughing. So it didn't help them that I actually was you know acting like it was real. While we were talking to him and I would take sips of water... just cuz in real life I was super thirsty and if it was real water I would totally take sips of water. Eventaully my companion was cracking up and was like Hermana stops sipping your water. So I put in down in my hands again and then I feel bad so I put it on a desk near me... All this while one companion is giggling and the other is trying to keep a straight face and listen or speak. Pretty much it was great but they all obviously spilled their imaginary cups of water so when F. said he had to go he came to get their cups and they just handed them over. I felt bad for him I got up and couldn't decide if I should make him struggle to carry three cups again or not so I just took it back to the pretend sink at the window sil. The only probalem I realized would be if the kitchen in a real investigators house had been in a different room my comps would have had to come with me.
Anyway!!!! That the agua story with my thougts.... porbably less funny then we think but hey its always good to have something to laugh about.
 
Two last things:
 Elder Christofferson and Elder Nelson both talked about how the presidency is thankful we are here serrving and what not but also they both talked about how the 12 realies on the seventy.... I don't know I just realized the importance of the quorums of the 70 more. And Elder Nelson said "if you remember one thing from today remember to write home and tell your family thank you!"
 
Thank you everyone! Thank you family, from Elder Nelson himself.
 
-Hermana O.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment