Thursday, December 15, 2011

Hey Wide World! (Nov 17, 2011)


Well I realized lately the world is a lot bigger then I think and at the same time it seems so small with all these people here.
 
There is a new district in our zone and my companions and I welcomed them in with candy. One Hermana from Samoa came late, she had to sleep overnight at the airport in LA all by herself!!! I'm glad I didn't have to do that 
:-/
 
People have asked about how often we go to the temple, its once a week except I believe next week its closed for Thanksgiving and I hear we're doing a big service project that day. I'm excited! With 2000 plus missionaries its gonnna be great!!!
 
Tithing was the topic at Sunday's fireside. It really rings home that the little things bring a testimony and remind people that they are a part of the true church. Also this week has been emphasized on recieving revelation through attending church. its so true we have a pattern that builds slowly and almost invisibly a foundation and many different fortifications against temptation and evil in general. How blessed we are....
Oh and tueday's fireside was literally all about the Apostacy. Wow can I just say the little things like God didn't take the church away the people rejected them themselves and then God didn't want to bring the gospel back until the people were ready. I'm so appreciative of God's mercy in giving me this time to live and have the people around me thatbear their testimonies and brighten my days. Endure to the end how cool is that!!!!
 
So I decided I needed to be more entertaining in this part of the email. I don't know if I've explained it yet but officially the entire district and almost the entire Zone knows that to "Hermana O" is to smile reallly big and huge and ya.... Thank you Bishop R. for the help. :-D But in pictures and stuff we "HermanaO-it"
Something else funny.... At gym for some reason I always get hit in the face... The volleyball and me are normally on good terms but once it starts to not like me I just keeps coming 3 times yesterday. and one was almost bad from this elder that has a killer spike. Who am I kidding its always a killer hit... As long as its not so hard I tear up I can keep my dignity.
 
Love you all sorry I'm boring!
 
Para las familias. Para Jesucristo!
 
-Hermana O.

No comments:

Post a Comment