Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Herman O. 6/4


Hermana O.
Texas Mc Allen Mission 
200 W. La Vista
McAllen , TX
78501

 
Hola hola!
 
I am in la tierra prometida with Sister R. She is tall and looks kind of like me. Brown curly hair, but taller and more slender build... she didn't play basketball ever but if she looks like she should. She's from bountiful like Sis G and she's great and a powerful teacher.
 
 So two tall sisters were biking down the street of our area, three days!
 
Without being too informal, nuestras piedras estan como pedras (rocks...sp?). We rode a total of 8 miles one day which doesn't seem like much but for sisters its a lot. I have a tan and the redness in the cheeks is going away. I just hope I don't get cancer someday :-/

Our investigators are doing okay. We have had to prune a lot of people and now we have a lot of open time to find and its slow but we're being inspired of where to go and truly we are successful missionaries as we are learning to work together and help those around us.
 
I was blessed to have a reminder of God's love yesterday. During sacrament meeting the Bishop looks a lot and had the same spirit of love that Bishop C always excluded. I remembered the time when Bishop C came to our home and said "I had a feeling that I needed to come over and offer you a blessing" right before I headed out for California for jaw surgery. That blessing was written down by you mom if you remember and at night when it was super painful and I kept wishing I hadn't done the surgery, I pulled out the blessing and remembered that the Lord was always with me and that the pain would be a short time compared to the blessing. I know that the Lord sends His children to help His children. We are literally angels for people everyday.
 
"For as [a man] thinketh in his heart, so is he" (Proverbs 23:7)
 
I know our life has a purpose even if it is to babysit and give the time to someone else to bond with their spouse :-) or help others live out the rest of their days in the best comfort and love you can give them.
 
Love is never wasted. There is always a reward for those that have sacrificed.
 
I know that my Redeemer lives. I know that we are the lights on the shore for our brothers and sisters. I know that as we draw closer to our Father in prayer and study we can have more peace in our lives. I love these lessons of sacrifice. It is true and it is all worth it.
 
I love you Mom. Thank you for your example and grace.
 
To the friends and family you have been a blessing in my life thank you.
 
Sister O!
 
"Brightly beams our Father's mercy" so why shouldn't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment