Monday, October 22, 2012

Hermana O. Oct 8,2012


Oh mom! I am so blessed. I can't tell you how much love I have for these missionaries. I have a deep appreciation for everything they do even when I don't understand why they do it :-)
 
My companion is passionate. She doesn't waste time. She helped me realize this week I was living below my potential. Then Conference just called me to repent again, like I said every talk spoke to me. Never in my life have I had that much attention and understanding for the words of the prophets.
 
I think of my family during those talks. The family I have directly like you mom, and my bros and sistas. And then I thought of my Grandparents I thought of my youth leaders.
I even intently searched the screen for people I might know at conference during the songs :-)
 
I love this life the ways of the mission are less traveled but clear and distinct. they truly teach to give everything. I have been giving everything but my heart. I know that the spirit testifies of truth I have felt that as a missionary.
 
In every area there is so much potential. Every person is a child of God we are made of pure things. We have the potential to be purely beautiful in this life. Helping others.
 
I feel as I finely do the things I have always had thoughts to do I find a release: I feel like I have been holding myself back. I have the chance to change my life and I have progressed for a year and now I get to move even further in the next 6-7months. (I'd like to extend) But I know the lord is helping me, I have no idea why I loose faith sometimes in things so quickly but I have the chance to be strong and follow that which I know.
 
I want to bear my testimony that truly the Spirit of God testifies to our spirit of our divine potential: (Romans 8:16-17) We merely need to choose to listen. All the things of the world try to distract us from that very simple truth that we are more powerful then we can understand when we follow God. President Monson said
something like : "When a man listens and follows God that man is always right." I am trying harder to listen so I can feel the peace of doing God's will.
 
Only have a short time to bring a TON of people to the gospel. I love you and all you have given me has truly helped me to grow to be able to give it all here. Thanks again for your daily example of sacrifice I try and follow that everyday. Just ask my companions I try and serve a ton. they tell me its a talent and I tell them I learned it from my mom.
 
With all my love and appreciation!
 
Sister O.

No comments:

Post a Comment