Wednesday, October 24, 2012

oct 15, 2012

Yeah I kind of tried to write last week's letter for the ward. I'll try again now!

 
Dear Ward,
 
Soy Hermana O! Spanish isn't easy to read so I'll take it easy on my mom :-)
Did I mention how amazing she is? My mom tells me how the ward really loves and supports each other and what you learn in Sunday School and everything. I know what you do to support each other makes all the difference.
 
I have a sad experience to share with you.... I met a man this week who has not come to church for years and his wife never chose to become a member from something small and sad. He and his family experienced discrimination in various states and wards and now is here in Texas with little interest in coming to church. He's from Puerto Rico and people made really sad assumptions about him multiple times and now he has given up... not for long though he invited us for dinner!
 
I bring him up to illustrate that what we do or not do truly makes a difference. I have seen how a small thought to say hi or speak to someone has truly changed their day. And other's lives. A man was baptized just because I was able to get my guts up to follow a silly prompting to ask for computer help with trouble I was having at the library. He asked who I was and we talked. He now has the gift of the Holy Ghost to help him feel the Spirit like he did as a kid and also to feel close to the savior. Ignoring my discomfort was so worth it.
 
Please. Let us not let our brother or sister continue pleading for help from God. We are instruments in the lives of every person every single millisecond of our day. If we are not answering the Spirit's prompting we are prolonging His children's suffering. We will be blessed with joy as we lift the precious souls. Alma 31:37 35? (its about the worth of souls)
 
Please recognize that we are not perfect but that God truly uses his imperfect people to do a perfect work. We can not become perfect unless we practice perfect. Perfectly follow the pure thoughts of the Spirit and as we learned in conference "without delay!" I know it has blessed my life and will bless yours.
 
We will love our neighbor to show our love to God. Feed His sheep and be blessed. Let us not stop the blessings for brothers and sisters and ultimately ourselves.
 
I love you all for the love and support I have felt and feel. We can do our part to lift others.
 
Con amor,
 
Sister O

No comments:

Post a Comment